How to make stovetop popcorn | Vlog
After a light dinner and a stroll to our favorite ice cream shop, the husband and I decided to get some popcorn to watch a movie at home. We don't own a microwave so I looked for the ones that come in a self-contained disposable pan but I didn't find one in our neighborhood.
Instead, we bought a bottle of gourmet popping corn that we could make in a large pot at home. I'm sure this pretty common - but it was my first time making popcorn like this. I was nervous it was going to burn, but it didn't!
If you want to make stovetop popcorn at home, here's how to do it:
- Add cooking oil to a large pot or pan (We used Olive Oil)
- Add the corn and turn the stove on to a medium heat
- Cover the pot
- Wait 8-10 minutes for the corn to cook
- Shake the pot occasionally
- Turn off the heat when most of the corn has popped
- Add the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the salt