Get the Look: Chiqui Delgado's Soft Waves
Red Carpet Hair By Mercedes Sanchez
We loved Chiquinquira Delgado's look at the 2014 Premio Lo Nuestro award show.
Her hair and makeup were perfection.
Celebrity beauty expert Millie Morales shares her tips on creating Chiquí's soft waves:
- "I started with a good shampoo and conditioner as a base to nourish her hair and leave it clean and ready for tonight. While her hair was still damp I applied Frizz Ease John Frieda Nourishing Oil Elixir, which makes hair soft and does not leave a greasy residue.
- To protect her hair from the high temperatures of heating tools I applied a protecting spray. Next I used a medium-sized brush and hair dryer to give her hair shape and movement.
- When her hair was about 80% dry, I applied a moderate portion of John Frieda Frizz Ease Unwind Curls Calming Crème. This crème separates and defines hair to achieve soft, frizz-free curls that will last all night long. It’s neither sticky nor greasy, which allows you to build desired texture.
- Once hair had some hold, texture and is 100% dry, I divided her hair and made a side part. After sectioning off hair, I used a 2.5 inch curling iron to start creating soft waves, all in one direction.
- I pulled hair back to one side by discreetly pinning strands back so that you can’t see them.
To finalize the look and lock in waves I used John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray, perfect for these nights when the air is humid."