Premio Lo Nuestro Trend Forecast with L'Oreal
Trend Forecast By Mercedes Sanchez
Univision's prestigious award show Premio Lo Nuestro, which celebrates Latino artists and musicians, is taking place on Thursday, February 21st and we're paying close attention to the red carpet trends.
Latinas like Blanca Soto, Elizabeth Gutierrez, Jacqueline Bracamontes and Zoe Saldana almost always make my best dressed list.
We won't know until the day of, but I'm predicting some of these chicas will be rocking vibrant lips similar to Eva Longoria's look (left) and strong, dark eyes, messy up-do's and fun nails on the red carpet.
Last fall we saw stilleto nails on celebrities (and fashionistas everywhere), but this season expect to see slighlty calmer - though still long and pointy- nails with more neutral and soft colors. But on the red carpet, I'm predicting we'll find bolder colors-- think J.Lo's gold and jeweled nails at the Oscar's.
How to get your own red carpet look with L'Oreal
1. Begin with a fresh canvas by applying L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream. This is like “photoshop in a bottle” and will give you a flawless look
2. Add L’Oréal Paris True MatchSuper Blendable makeup in the shade that most closely matches your skin color.
3. Keep the eyes looking neutral and apply a subtle shade to your lids with a darker shade on the corners and creases of your eye to create a smoky finish. Use L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Cupa Joe.
4. Next, draw a thin, black line above the eyelid using L’Oréal Paris Super Slim Liner by Infallible, which works wonders-it helps create a bold, precise line. Application is very easy because it has a thin felt-tip applicator and a quick-dry formula that stays put all day. The strong eyeliner look is so trendy right now. I like to start very thin at the inner corners and wing it out slightly as I approach the outer corner.
5. Finally, bold lips go hand in hand with a strong liner. Use L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Shine Stain in your preferred shade, to give you a bold, satin gloss finish. This lip stain does not feel heavy and has long-lasting hydration. This lip stain comes in 12 shades, from very neutral colors to very vibrant purples and red.
6. To complement your strong makeup look, use L’Oréal Paris Nail Lingerie to add customized 3D nail effects. These fabulous nail jewels are so pretty and give a sophisticated sparkle effect as a finishing touch.
Premio Lo Nuestro. Thursday, February 21st. Red carpet starts at 7 p.m. EST. Follow my live tweets @BeChicMag where I'll be using the the
#BellezaLoreal hashtag during the red carpet hour.
And, see who made my best and worst dressed list on Univision's Al Despertar the following morning.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by L’Oréal Paris.