How to Survive Fashion Week
Fall 2012 hits Lincoln Center Next Week By Mercedes Sanchez
I've been covering fashion week since 2005-- first for the New York Post and then for BeChicMag.com. In addition to cash (for hailing cabs), a bottle of water and bold lipstick, here are some items you must have in order to survive fashion week in New York City.
1. There might be lots of walking and standing between shows. Take a chic pair of flats that standout like these loafers from Isabel Toledo for Payless.
2. Chances are you will be taking an extra pair of shoes, a laptop and other essentials. Carry your accessories in a large city bag from Zara.
3. Though it doesn't always feel like it, it's winter in New York. Make a statement with your coat or jacket like this top liner trench by Kate Spade.
4. Sure you'll be taking your flats, but don't forget your pumps or high heel booties!
5. Don't forget to eat! Chances are you won't have a place to freshen up so have your Altoids handy.
6. Make sure you have chargers for the following items: your cell phone, laptop or tablet.
7. In case you really do forget to eat, stack your purse with at least three granola bars.
8. Accessorize your wardrobe with rings, necklaces, bracelets or cuffs like this one from Banana Republic.
9. And of course, don't forget your business cards!
What would you take with you to cover back-to-back fashion shows?