Chic New Year Resolutions
Spend less and buy smart By Mercedes Sanchez
The truth is I haven't made any 'real' resolutions for the New Year, but I can think of several things I want to learn and improve on, like learn how to do my own hair, improve my wardrobe and save more cash. If you have similar goals, take a look at my New Year Resolutions list below.
Spend less by being more self-sufficient
* Learn how to do my own hair, from blowing out to curling. Hoping this would result in less visits to the beauty parlor
* Master at-home manicures and pedicures and avoid spending money at the nail salon.
* Brew coffee at home before heading to the office. Making my own breakfast would be ideal too but I don't want to push it.
Look my best
* Keep blemishes away by removing makeup before bed each night no matter how tired I am.
* Trim my hair once every three months to avoid split ends.
* Avoid teeth stains by drinking less red wine and continuing to drink (bought) coffee with a straw.
Keep wardrobe up-to-date
* Buy one new item once a week to cover the basics like socks, a new blouse, new pair of pants.
* Buy new pair of shoes once every two months, this way I'll always have what I need for any occasion whether it be a party, conference, blogging event, etc.
* Invest in more jewelry like timeless earrings, rings and necklaces and spend less on costume jewels.
What's your New Year Resolution?